The NRG R1 is the quickest turning ski ever built by D3, where turns are virtually effortless. The R1 delivers powerful edge-control, with cross course holding power that is unparalleled.
The R1 has a deeper concave and more volume in the tunnel than either the ION or ION-S. Our Team skiers commented that every turn is symmetrical – both on-side (heel) and off-side (toe) turns.
The deeper concave means that the ski creates more angle so the R1 is fast behind the boat but shuts down quickly to give the skier space and perfect speed into the next buoy. If you are looking to experience quick, even, smooth finishing turns on both sides of the course you must experience the NRG R1.
D3 Team skiers’ comment that - “the NRG R1 has a more complete finish to the turn, particularly on the onside… and the transition off the second wake into the edge change is automatic. The R1 builds angle easily at the gate turn in. When you have a bad turn, or do not get enough angle, the ski allows you to make up for a mistake. I always feel like I know what the ski going to do.”
The NRG R1 features:
- Deeper, edge to edge concave for powerful hold across the course.
- Wider fore-body for stability and support.
- Narrow tail shape for the necessary control in the turn.
- Tip to tail gradual reduction in concave depth for speed and glide.
- Torsional flex control for precise edge changes and smooth acceleration.
- Machine screw inserts accommodate most current binding systems.
- Accuset Fin Block for laser aligned fin placement.